Wednesday, July 18, 2007






I have been working hard the past few days and have (finally) something to show for it. Here is the Rosemaling pillow now that it is complete. I think that it came out really well. This picture Of the completed pillow, sitting in the chair, really does not do it justice. So, I posted a photo that shows the pillow with the trim, but before the back is attached that might give a better view. It was fun finishing the pillow and I am looking forward to taking it with me to Florida for the show.


I have also been finishing a project that I started months ago. It is called Swimming with the Fishes and is an underwater seascape that was first created in felt on Vilene. Then, I felted it to the royal blue twill material. I added some small sealife designs (from http://www.emblibrary.com/). I really love using felting and punching designs as backgrounds for machine embroidery. Finally, I have started adding the stitching details to the seaweed. I still need to add some more free motion embroidery to the water areas. Then, I will make it into a tote bag. I want to finish this before going to FL, so I will likely get it finished tonight or tomorrow. Oh, here is the picture so far. I will post the finished tote before I go to Florida.
I am also working on a new veneer for a purse. I don't think that I will have it finished before going to Florida. But, since I am taking the Juniper Revisited Purse with me, I think that it will be good to have a similar project in progress to show how these purses are made. I am also working on finishing off a new bowl so that I will be able to show that you can make 3-D objects with the Embellisher. I'll be posting some photos of these in the next week or so.
Oh, and one more project. It was a fast but fun little project. First, I made some silk fusion (look for some instructions on how to do this soon) and then embroidered a butterfly (from Hatched In Africa) on the silk. I then cut it out and used some fabric stiffener to shape the butterfly's wings. It is really cute. But, I forgot to take a photo, so you will have to wait to see it until next time.
Until then, have fun.
Denise
www.tryourdesigns.com

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I saw your project on the blog and would like to know what machine you used and the needle. How many was in the machine at one time. I under stand that there is a machine that you can felt on but not sure .

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I made the felt for the background of this piece using all 7 needles on my Babylock Embellisher. The felt was first made on a piece of Vilene water soluble stabilizer and them was later attached to the blue fabric again using the Embellisher with all 4 needles.

When I did the embroidery, I used a tearaway stabilizer. I have added some free motion embroidery to this tote as well as some crystals. I need to post another photo with the completed work.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Louise said...

I am so excited that I was surfing blogs and found yours. I also have a Babylock Embellisher and was at a loss as to whot to create pictures like I wanted because I can not draw. Also, I have an embroidery machine.
I am so very excited about this marriage. Thank you for sharing.

Louise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home